3.14.2009

This is how I got my blog name.....

It's probably mostly obvious where the name came from. I use coupons (paper) like money. But there is a side of this that some might not know, and that is that part that is so exciting.

Today, Drew went to the flea market in Pasadena at 7am. Usually he gets there much earlier but Bean (our youngest) decided not to sleep well last night. As soon as Drew pulled up to the FM there were tons of people anxious to get to our goods. They know what products I buy and sell and many are regulars that look for us.

Within minutes he had sold almost all the cereal that I had him take (about 40 boxes) at $1.50 to $2 each. He barely had time to even set the tables up. Within 2 hours he had made $400!! Once he hit that point, he packed up and came to enjoy breakfast with the family.

So, we really took paper (coupons) and turned it into cold hard cash!! I love it! Where else can you take something you get for free and turn it into money??

No comments: