5.02.2008

Where do I get my deals.....????

I have to give credit where it is due. I am not the mastermind behind all of these deals. Some of them I have found through my own research/trial and error. But most of these come from a group of wonderful ladies that are part of an online community. We are a group of women that work together to strategize the current sales at different stores and match up coupons to purchase items at little or no cost (or even get paid to shop!!) I also reference other coupon boards and by combining the knowledge of many smart shoppers, I am able to maximize my savings. I am simply logging most of my deals here to make it easier for me to 1) keep it organized and 2) share the deals with my friends & family.

I found the online groups in late December by accident and I was instantly drawn in to how they were walking out of CVS with $50, $60, $100 worth of stuff for pennies. At first I was a bit skeptical, but I soon realized it is only a matter of maximizing the deals to your advantage.

There is NOTHING illegal about how we coupon (often referred to as super couponing). I do not and will not advocate improper coupon usage. We follow all coupon requirements. There are enough great deals out there that you do not need to cheat the system to get them.

Why am I "buying" diabetes monitors and 30 boxes of toilet cleaners?? Well, because they are free, moneymakers or will sell great in a flea market. Sometimes we have to acquire items we don't actually want in order to get items we want. One of the other concepts of super couponing is to stockpile. What this means is you purchase as many items as you can when it is either free or rock bottom pricing so that you will not need to purchase it again at full retail price. You will never want to pay full price for toothpaste again. In fact, even paying $0.50 a tube for toothpaste will seem like a ripoff!

What makes me even more excited than free?? A moneymaker!! Simply put, this is an item where the sale price is so good that the coupon value is higher and you gain the difference! So if an item is on sale for $2.50 and you have a coupon for $3 off that item, you are making $0.50 on that item. Now the store isn't going to hand you money out of the register....you will just plan for this overage and incorporate it into your other purchases in this transaction. Ie. this overage will help pay for something else that you are buying that is not free.

Follow me on my journey and we will save TONS of money together. It is also alot of fun -- what's better than walking out of a store with tons of bags AND your wallet full?!?!

No comments: