5.12.2008

Feeding the family (gourmet) for next to nothing.....

Last week was a pretty awesome week at Wags. For every 9 Crest toothpastes that you buy (for free with coupons) or 6 Covergirl cosmetics (almost free), you get $20 in register rewards (RR's) for your next purchase.

Well I accumulated about $180 worth of RR's. Last night we stopped at Wags and I ran in to get some snacks and basic foods for lunches this week. Fruit cups, Cheez-its, pudding, the basics. Of course I used my RR's. But I also rolled some of them into $60 & $20 Omaha Steaks gift cards.

So today I went to Omaha after work and got one heck of a deal to feed the family for the week. I have to mention this is the 3rd time I have done this or something similar and it is such a great way to do our grocery shopping for the week!! LOL

Here is what I got:
~10 burgers
~6 franks
~4 chicken breasts
~2 filet mignons
~2 top sirloins
~2 shrimp fettucine (it was DELICIOUS for dinner tonight, served it with my free Food Lion fresh, not frozen, garlic bread!)
~4 stuffed baked potatoes
~garlic mashed potatoes
~creamed spinach
~vegetable medley

Retail total of all the above products: $249.88
Total discounts $153.94
Net total $89.95
Gift cards used $60 + $20
Total cash OOP $9.95 WOW!!!!

No comments: